Monday, January 5, 2015

New Year, New Adventures!

For the past week I've been reading a lot of resolutions.  Facebook and Instagram are littered with "New Year, New Me!" and "How to Get in Shape" posts.  I have taken a different approach this week, and have instead have reflected on what I loved about 2014 and am going to do my damnedest to continue pursuing my passions.

While I was in Honduras I got to go home a lot.  I saw some of my friends get married and spent most holidays and several weeks in the summers at home.  While living in China definitely makes this a bit more difficult, I want to try to continue this trend.  I loved being home for the holidays this year.  Spending time with my friends and family back home is always bittersweet because I miss everyone while I'm away, but they continue to welcome me with open arms when I come back.  You guys are the best--seriously.

Teaching in China has also surprised me.  Before I took this job I thought I would be switching careers in the near future.  However, getting to work with a fresh group of colleagues and an amazing group of students has given me the energy I needed to continue loving what I do everyday.  Thanks China!


But my biggest passion is life continues to be traveling.  So I have compiled a bucketlist of places I want to see before I leave China.  If the list is any indication, I will be here forever (kidding...maybe?), but I am pumped to explore this part of the world.  After looking at my map I can tell that I need to get a move on my travels if I want to fill it up before I die!




 Maybe after checking out this list you'll want to come visit!  Without further ado, I give you my Asian bucketlist:

China-
Harbin Ice Festival (January 2015 :))
Beijing (Great Wall, the Forbidden City)
Chongqing
Chengdu (Pandas!)
Yunan (Leaping Tiger Gorge)
Macao
Yangshuo
Macao
Zhangjiajie
Hong Kong
Tibet
Xi'an Provice (Terracotta Warriors)

Asia and Oceania-
Myanmar (February 2015 :))
Philippines (March 2015)
Cambodia
Thailand
Vietnam
Japan
Laos
Malaysian Borneo
Bali, Indonesia
Australia
Mongolia
Singapore
Taiwan
Indian (? Not sure if I'm brave enough yet!)

See somewhere on the list you want to explore?  Come visit and I'll go with you!!



No comments:

Post a Comment